General Information & Rental Rates
If you are looking for a space to host a reception, birthday party or meeting, Southwest Middlesex has many facilities available for you to choose from. The Middlesex London Health Unit reminds that the arena, pool and community centre grounds and 20m from the edge of these properties are smoke and vapour-free - additional information on this is available on the Middlesex-London Health Unit. Our rental rates are found in the the fee and service by-law - please check there for current rates.
If you are holding an event in our facilities and your event involves the serving the alcohol, you must follow our alcohol policy.
We are very pleased to announce that we now offer online booking for programs and facilities through BookKing. Facility Bookings can be completed:
- To view facility availability and to book facilities please visit: https://app.bookking.ca/southwestmiddlesexpub/
- In Person
- Booking a facility in person is available at the Municipal Office during business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm). However, we encourage individuals to book online or over the phone.
- Over the Phone
- Call the Recreation Coordinator at 519-287-2015 x8121
We offer seasonal ice contracts and public skating at the Southwest Middlesex Recreation Centre (Arena) - 138 Mill Street, Glencoe, ON. Contact us to book a time.
Southwest Middlesex has five facilities available for meetings and events. All halls offer ample parking and are accessible. Rental includes facility and arranged table and chair set up. For current prices, please see our fee and service by-law. Contact us to book your hall today.
Arena Auditorium - 138 Mill Street, Glencoe, ON
Arena New Horizon's Room - 138 Mill Street, Glencoe, ON
Ekfrid Community Centre - 48 Wellington Avenue, Appin, ON
Glencoe Train Station - 157 McRae Street, Glencoe, ON
Wardsville Masonic Lodge - 21996 Hagerty Road, Wardsville
Middlesex County Library facilities are found at the following locations:
- Glencoe - 123 McKellar Street
- Melbourne - 6570 Longwoods Road
- Wardsville - 21935 Hagerty Road
Our libraries offer much more than just a great book to read. They also offer computers and internet that can be used on location, audio books, dvds, story time for children and many other great things. See the Middlesex County Library website for details on hours of operation and services available.
Parks & Pavilions
- Appin Community Park - 48 Wellington Avenue, Appin, ON
- Bob Martin Playground - Currie Street & Mill Street, Glencoe, ON
- Clark Street Park - 29 Victoria Drive, Melbourne, ON
- CommonWealth Dog Park - 100 Industrial Road, Glencoe, ON
- McArthur Park (Arboretum) - 4423 Longwoods Road, Melbourne, ON
- Middlemiss Playground - 4 Middlemiss Avenue, Middlemiss, ON
- Simpson Street Park - Anderson Avenue & Simpson Street, Glencoe, ON
- Strathburn Park (Arboretum) - 3607 Longwoods Road, Glencoe, ON
- Wardsville Little Kin Park - 216 Church Street, Wardsville, ON
Pavilions available for events at Appin Community Park, Simpson Street (Glencoe) Park, Wardsville Little Kin Park, Project 2000 Pavilion (Glencoe) and the Lions Pavilion (Glencoe Fair Grounds) - please book in advance to ensure availability.
We offer seasonal contracts for baseball and soccer practices and games. Contact us to book a time.
- Appin Baseball Diamond - 48 Wellington Avenue, Appin, ON
- Project 2000 Sports Fields (Soccer, Baseball & Skatepark) - Glencoe Fairgrounds behind 138 Mill Street, Glencoe, ON
- Tennis & Pickleball Court (at Glencoe District High School) - 3581 Concession Street, Glencoe, ON
Swimming Pool & Splashpad
The outdoor pool located at the corner of Currie Street and North Street in Glencoe is open mid-June to the end of August each year. The splash pad is located directly beside the pool and is open from Early June until September weather permitting. At the swimming pool, we offer a wide variety of programming including public swims, aquafit, Life Saving Society swim lessons, lane swim, swim team, Bronze Cross Courses, and more! Contact us for dates available.