What your Taxes are Spent OnYour taxes provide the following services:
- General Government Services - includes council and administrative staff costs
- Protection Services - includes police, fire, building permits and inspection, conservation authorities, animal control, and emergency measures.
- Transportation Services - includes road maintenance (gravel, brine, etc), winter control on paved and unpaved roads, bridge and culvert maintenance.
- Environmental Services - includes solid waste and recyclable collection, operation of landfill sites
- Recreation and Cultural Services - includes parks, arena, community centers, pool, libraries, museums and historical buildings
- Planning and Development - includes planning, zoning, municipal drainage
The municipal expenditures do not include the cost of providing water or sewer services - these costs are recovered by the residents to benefit from the service.