Municipal Election Information
Information for Candidates
Interested individuals are recommended to watch Key Dates for the Municipal Election and News Releases for up-to-date information concerning the election.
Important Candidate Information Sessions:
Documents and Forms:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are there any rules concerning election signs and when can they be put up?
- Election signs may be placed within the community once your nomination paper has been certified by the Clerk.
- Election signs (and other methods of advertising) must include information as required in Section 88.3(2) of the Municipal Election Act, 1996 as amended and as per the Southwest Middlesex sign by-law.
Is the campaign fee of $200.00 (Mayor) or $100.00 (Deputy Mayor or Councillor) an eligible expense to be included on my financial statement?
- The campaign fee is not considered as an eligible expense to be included on the financial statement (Form 4) which is required to be completed, by the prescribed date, following the election.
Do I need to open a bank account and, if so, when should it be opened?
- A bank account is required to be opened only if you have any expenditures related to a campaign (ie. purchase of election signs, brochures, etc.) or if you receive donations for your campaign.
Who is Considered to be a Third Party Advertiser?
- A Third Party Advertiser means an individual who is normally resident in Ontario, a corporation that carries on business in Ontario or a trade union that holds bargaining rights for employees in Ontario.