COVID-19 (2019 Novel Coronavirus)
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) is the lead agency working with the Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario plus additional healthcare providers to monitor the COVID-19 situation and take actions as appropriate. Southwest Middlesex places the health and well-being of our community first and foremost and are following recommendations from MLHU to ensure that we are prepared to respond to the situation as it evolves.
The information below offers you the best sources of information concerning Covid-19 (Coronavirus). The resources below apply to individuals, business and industry and are provided to help guide you through the pandemic.
COVID-19 Public Health Measures and Advice
The Province of Ontario and our local Health Unit have great information and advice as linked below. Here you will find current information including how to operate during the current order and find excellent resources to help you through the pandemic.
Please note that proper protective face masks are required throughout public indoor spaces within Southwest Middlesex. It is also recommended that face masks be used in outdoor public spaces where a distance of 6 feet or more cannot be maintained.
Southwest Middlesex is working with all the changes and in an effort to keep our residents and visitors safe we are taking the following actions:
Billings and Payments
- Penalties on current outstanding taxes are waived
- Interest on tax arrears is waived
- Late payment charges on water/wastewater bills are waived
Cancellations & Closures
- The Municipal Office is closed to the public - appointments can be requested for any urgent business by calling us at 519-287-2015 . Staff are working remotely where possible to keep as many services available to you as we can. Please see our staff directory for contact information.
- Our arena, community centres and playgrounds are closed at this time.
- Libraries are operated by Middlesex County - for current operation levels please visit Middlesex County Library
We continue to provide the following essential services:
- Garbage and Recycling collection continues to operate under the existing schedule with the transfer station continuing to operate as well.
- Fire Departments continue to provide emergency services to the community during the pandemic.
- Water and Wastewater services continue to operate to provide water and sewer services to you.
- Council Meetings are continuing in a virtual format and can be viewed on our YouTube channel.
Financial Support Links
Financial support may be available from the following sources or some organizations may help you find solutions and obtain support:
Food Bank Information
Guide to Local Food Sources
How to Report COVID-19 Order Violations
If you have concerns about COVID-19 order violations in Middlesex County, please call the OPP non-emergency line at 1-888-310-1122 or submit a report at opp.ca/reporting.
Contact Us – phone or email staff member or department
Call (519) 287-2015 during regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Call (519) 494-0901 for after hours Roads Concern
Water and Sewer - Call in a Water/Wastewater Concern
Report It – use this portal to report a problem
Payments and Penalties - Property Tax Payment Options
Payments and applications may be left in the drop-box located at the front door of the municipal office.
By Appointment only during the Pandemic
Call us at 519-287-2015