Aquatics - Swimming Pool & Splash Pad
The Southwest Middlesex swimming pool and splash pad is open for limited aquatics activities effective June 29, 2020.
Activities are modified to follow guidelines and health precautions as set out by the Province of Ontario and the Middlesex-London Health Unit, including physical distancing and group size restrictions. All activities are subject to change at any time.
What to expect at our pools:
- Users will be health screened prior to being admitted for their activity or program;
- Guardian (must be age 16+) required to supervise users under 16 years of age - please limit to one guardian per family; Note - guardians who will not be going into the pool at public swims will not be charged admission, but will count towards the 35 maximum capacity
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled program, ready to swim in your bathing suit;
- Following health screening (please complete required form), proceed directly to the pool deck following directions from staff and posted directional signage;
- Bathrooms will be available for limited use during swim times only if necessary; Portable washroom available at splash pad - neither washroom facility are cleaned during the day - use at own risk;
- Please leave at the conclusion of your activity through the designated exit points;
- Do not shower or re-enter the change room areas or linger on deck;
Available Activities:Swim Lesson Program - modified to allow for private and semi-private Red Cross lessons with a second session being offered starting August 10th and ending August 21, 2020
Swim Team - cancelled for 2020 season
Available activities are aquafit (maximum of 9 participants), public swimming (maximum 35 people including guardians), splash pad (maximum 10 people including guardians). Please note that time limits may apply if busy.
Southwest Middlesex reminds users of the pool and splash pad that health measures remain in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 in the community. While using our facilities:
- if you are feeling unwell, please do not come to the pool or splash pad; if you feel unwell we suggest you get tested for COVID-19 before attending public facilities;
- stay two meters (6 feet) away from others outside your family at all times;
- follow all social gatherings guidelines;
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Schedule, Fees and Daily Screening Question Sheet:
| Schedule (July 22, 2020) Subject to Change|